Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Thief

I am a thief.


I can steal your independence.

I can steal your ability to learn.

I can take possession of your brain and not let it go until I am good and ready.

I can steal your courage.

I can steal your dignity.

I can steal your joy.

I can steal your baby, your mother, your father, your sister, your brother; even you. Whoever I want, whenever I want, and make them mine.

I do not care about your age, your race or your religious beliefs.

I can steal your "normal" and replace it with complete and total chaos without warning. 

I can steal your life.

I am one of your worst nightmares. 

I am Epilepsy. 






3 comments:

  1. I have a friend who's daughter has just recently started having lots of seizures and was diagnosed with epilepsy, among other things. They are just in the beginning stages of treatment and it all sounds absolutely terrifying. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were all rockin' our purple yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Hear It For The Nurses...

 Apparently the only thing that can get me writing in my blog again is to celebrate Nurses Week! Or more specifically, two nurses in particu...