Sunday, January 27, 2013

Working some magic

Remember the old Rolaids commercial, "How do you spell relief?"

Well, around here it is spelled A-P-P-O-I-N-T-M-E-N-T!!

That's right, people. After much wheedling, whining and downright persistence in phone calls every day to the nurses and schedulers in the CP Clinic at Children's Hospital (not to mention working a little magic), I managed to get Tessie put into an "emergency slot" so she can be seen. This Wednesday. As in, only three days away!

To quote Tessie's beloved Cowboy Woody from Toy Story, "Yee-haw  Cowboy!!"

Of course now the nerves set in. It's all becoming very real. Tess is going to be having major surgery sometime soon. The brochure from Children's Hospital says that we will most likely not see her until about eight hours after they wheel her in to the OR. EIGHT HOURS! I cannot begin to imagine what that wait is going to feel like. I mean, we've waited for her in surgery before but that was like an hour and a half tops and even that felt like forever.

It's a good thing I am not prone to panicking. Oh, wait...actually, I am. Crap on popsicle stick.

And then there are all the other things that are going on around here. Namely Ellie's basketball team (hopefully) making it to the tournament and the Community play she has a big part in. I am already sweating it out over the scheduling.

As it is, I am going to miss the last home basketball game of the season because it is scheduled for, can you guess? Yup, Wednesday. Sigh.

If only that Time Turner Kris brought me back from Harry Potter Land was real I would be all set.

               Just a few turns back...that's all I would need.

Alas, until I can be magically transported back in time, I will just try to look at the bright side. At least Ellie has another year of playing basketball so it's not like I will never get to see her play in the school gymnasium again and I got the appointment that I was praying for which means I will get to say in person to the very people who need to hear it,

"MY KID IS IN PAIN! NOW HELP HER!"

And if that doesn't work, my niece, Drey, has Voldemort's Wand. I just may need to ask her if I can borrow it for a minute.


"CRUCIO!"










3 comments:

  1. My pre-op is next monday. We should compare notes. GOod luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one for us is still considered a consult but I am praying that the pre-op gets made within a week or two . Good luck and please let me know how you make out! I was told that Dr. M is going "to be away" for a bit. Not sure when or for how long but I am worried that could mean we get turned over to a different surgeon. Find out Wednesday, I guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Yay Yay!!! Look at what you got done for your girl, lady! You are SO GREAT at being that squeaky wheel! :)

    Now, breathe. It's going to be ok. You're going to work out the schedule, just like you work out everything else.

    And coming from a mom who waited while her itty bitty 4 month old had open heart surgery, you can do this.

    I cannot believe that just last week we were thinking this appointment may not even happen for another month or two and it's TOMORROW!!!

    OMG - pass that popsicle stick!

    Now I need to breathe....

    Let us know how it goes! Praying....

    ReplyDelete

Let's Hear It For The Nurses...

 Apparently the only thing that can get me writing in my blog again is to celebrate Nurses Week! Or more specifically, two nurses in particu...